Unleash Your Wild Side at “NatureFEST!” On April 1, 2017
JACKSON—Unleash your wild side at MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science at “NatureFEST!” on Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. “We are excited to welcome Wildlife Wonders’ exotic animal stage show and the Magic Funtastic Comedy Show to this year’s festival!” says Museum Director Charles Knight. The event is a festival, a nature outing, and a fascinating museum trip, all wrapped into one exciting day! Food will be available for purchase from several food trucks.
“NatureFEST!” offers a full day of fun for the whole family, including:
· Wildlife Wonders’ exotic animal stage show: meet a Red Kangaroo, Bushbaby, Three Banded Armadillo, Paca, Monkey Tail Skink, Turaco, and a Dumeril Boa!
· Magic Funtastic Comedy Show
• Expert guided behind-the-scenes tours of aquariums, research, and museum collections
• BioBlitz activities: team up and track down as many local species as possible
• Live reptile program with Terry Vandeventer, “The Snake Man” of Mississippi”
• SCUBA diver fish feeding in giant aquariums
• Nature themed interactive photo booth
• Nature games, and guided or self-directed hikes on beautiful springtime trails.
Visit http://www.mdwfp.com/museum for activity details, a schedule, and a map, or call 601-576-6000. Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors (60+), and $4 for youth (3-18). Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the door. The Museum is located at 2148 Riverside Drive in Jackson, Mississippi. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/msnaturalscience or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MSScienceMuseum or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/MSScienceMuseum. Animals and activities subject to change.