DonationsThe MWFP Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit private organization. Support for the Foundation comes from generous donations by the sportsmen of Mississippi. The Foundation is fully funded by monetary and in-kind contributions such as land, materials and supplies. Support for the Foundation can either be directed through our website or via our mailing address. Mississippi taxpayers have the option of contributing an amount from their state income tax refund to the Foundation. Additionally, purchasers of a Mississippi hunting or fishing license have the opportunity to make a contribution to the Foundation at the time of purchase. While a gift to the Foundation impacts the current conservation and enhancement of our fish and wildlife resources, it is also an investment for the benefit of future generations. Planned giving of land, stock or through one’s estate is a great way to ensure your descendants are afforded the same outdoor pursuits you enjoyed as a Mississippian. Your donation will be used in general support of Foundation’s efforts across the state. More than 90 percent of the Foundation’s spending is directed to its mission. The Foundation annually reports on charitable activities and directs independent audits be performed on its financial stewardship.
“I bequeath _____% of my residuary estate (or $ _____________) to Mississippi Wildlife Fisheries and Parks Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, with its principal office located at P.O. Box 14194, Jackson, MS 39236, for its ongoing conservation, education and recreation purposes.”
Your memorial gift in memory of a loved one or in appreciation for a Mississippi outdoor enthusiast/conservationist makes a direct impact on impact on Mississippi’s lands, waters, fish, and wildlife resources. Your support will ensure that current and future generations can enjoy, explore, and be inspired by Mississippi’s wonderful outdoor heritage.
Notice of your memorial gift will be shared with those you designate.
Gifts of Appreciated Stock
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Foundation for Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.
- Foundation for Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The “cost” of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.